Thursday, August 12, 2010

Riddles


My level of experience should never dictate my level of faith. What I have seen happen around, to and within me may effect my emotions but not sway my belief in a God that can do and HAS done the impossible in my life.

Do I have unmet desires? Of course. Is there pain in my life I'd rather do with out? Well, I'm human, aren't I? There are many things I don't understand and never will. I love this verse which explains it well: "For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God]." I Corinthians 13:12. Take that in a second - reread it. Sometimes I know when Scripture is written, we often skip over it. Read it again!

What I see around me now is like a riddle. I can't figure it all out. I don't have all the pieces. What I know of God and myself is so small compared to how He knows me and knows my future.

Again in this verse, we see it: "No one's ever seen or heard anything like this,
Never so much as imagined anything quite like it—
What God has arranged for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9 Msg

But here it gives us a clue to this "riddle", to find out what our purpose is :

"But you've seen and heard it because God by his Spirit has brought it all out into the open before you." - It's the Holy Spirit who shows us and leads us to God's perfect path for our lives.

Isn't it crazy how "religion" has wanted to block out the Holy Spirit from our lives?! But God says explicitly that it's ONLY by His Holy Spirit that those things that He has arranged for us will come to the light by letting the Holy Spirit in and Him showing us what needs to change and which direction to take. The Holy Spirit is that still small voice within you. He comes to comfort, convict (not condemn) and change. He comes to you by invitation - He's never pushy. It's like God is saying to you "How much do you want of Me?" and if you want more, you ask for His Holy Spirit to come into your life. Jesus comes into your heart at salvation because of His sacrifice on the cross and how He redeemed your life from destruction and bought you back from the devil with loving kindness (Romans 3:23 & Jeremiah 31:3) But there's so much more!

So many people today say religion is dead cause it's boring and there's nothing happening - and it's true! People are done with religion! I'm done with religion! We desire a relationship that has POWER! Power to change, power to heal, power to bring peace in the midst of chaos. We desire to see God move in ways we hear about in other countries but don't see here. And why? Because of unbelief, because of sin, because of not letting the Holy Spirit in as a part of their lives.


Today I choose not to be ruled by emotions, circumstances, and "facts" but by the TRUTH of God's Word and to walk according to His Spirit's direction and not by my own floundering ways. I'm done with lip-service and singing songs from books & off screens that aren't' what I live and know to be true. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is faithful. What He promised, He will bring to pass. Rest assured, you are not forgotten. You are loved. Keep pressing forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment